Sunday, April 21, 2013

Yard Work

This weekend was filled with yard work. First, mulching all the flower beds that we created last year, also adding 3 new ones. Thanks to 2 friends of ours helping it went much faster than just Ty and I. 



I needed a few plants to fill the planter on the deck. It doesn't get full sun which is nice when it's hot out and we are shaded on the deck enjoying a drink or two. But for plants, it's hard to find things that call for part sun and mostly shade. I saw these great colored leafy plants at Lowes called Kong Coleus. They grow to about a foot and half tall and wide so I only put 2 in the planter. I hope they like the deck!



We had a bad weed year last year so there are patches of dead grass in the back yard. We raked away the dead grass, put down top soil, spread seed and fertilizer and watered it generously. Hoping this works!


       Before                                          



                    After Dressing




I also planted some Lilies on the corner of the garage. 






No comments:

Post a Comment