Sunday, March 10, 2013

Boot Cuffs

My sister-in-law requested that I make her boot cuffs. I had no idea what she was talking about so she sent me a picture. Basically they are just for show and they should go inside your boot and stick out about an inch or so. They do not need to be long like a leg warmer because no one can see that part and it creates too much bunching.

I could not find a pattern for these cuffs so I tried to make one up. After many attempts and too many trips to the post office, sending each trial pair to Tennessee, we FINALLY figured it out. The tricky part was, they needed to lay flat enough that there would be room inside the boot. I had to use very thin yarn and did a ribbing pattern so that the cute part would be showing. I have made brown, gray, and black so far. 










My friend Holly modeling a gray pair of boot cuffs.

No comments:

Post a Comment