Saturday, February 23, 2013

Dried Wedding Bouquet

After my wedding my Mom took my bouquet and dried the flowers. Three years later I found the bouquet and decided I needed to do something with it. I made a shadow box out of flowers. I needed  something to put in the center of the old family photos hanging on the wall and since the flowers are aged I thought they would compliment each other well. I bought a shadow box but it was an ugly brown color so I decided to make it match the frames it would be hanging with. I painted the box and put an antique glaze on it. Then, very carefully I took the ribbon off the bouquet and cut the stems off the roses, right where the stem meets the bud. I used a hot glue gun to attach each rose bud to the back of the shadow box. A few roses fell apart when I was handling them but I had enough to fill the box and have a few extra.





No comments:

Post a Comment